In this tutorial, we make an overview of Scilab features so that we can get familiar with this environment. The goal is to present the core of skills necessary to start with Scilab. In the ﬁrst part, we present how to get and install this software on our computer. We also present how to get some help with the provided in-line documentation and also thanks to web resources and forums. In the last section, we present Scilab’s graphical features and show how to create a 2D plot, how to conﬁgure the title and the legend and how to export that plot into a vectorial or bitmap format.
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Overview of Scilab
- 1.3 How to get and install Scilab
- 1.3.1 Installing Scilab under Windows
- 1.3.2 Installing Scilab under Linux
- 1.3.3 Installing Scilab under Mac OS
- 1.4 Integrated & online help
- 1.5 Mailing lists, wiki and bug reports
- 1.6 Scilab demonstrations and macros
Copyright c 2016 – Scilab Enterprises – Yann Debray
Copyright c 2008-2011 – Scilab Consortium – Digiteo – Michael Baudin
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.