Signal acquisition & instrument control
Model. Simulate. Analyze.
Scilab interacts with a large hardware ecosystem:
- Labview Gateway
- Virtual Instrument Software Architecture
- MicroDAQ Toolbox
Leverage Scilab mathematical language in Labview
The Virtual Instrument Software Architecture (VISA) is a standard for configuring, programming, and troubleshooting instrumentation systems comprising GPIB, VXI, PXI, Serial, Ethernet, and/or USB interfaces. VISA provides the programming interface between the hardware and development environments.
In partnership with National Instruments, we have developed a universal interface for measurement device from most of the device suppliers on the market (National Instruments, Agilent/HP, … ) including :
- Digital multimeter (DMM)
- Arbitrary waveform/function generator
- AC & DC power supply
- Power meter
- Spectrum analyzer
- RF signal generator
- Up & Down converter
- Appropriate hardware, in the form of a National Instruments GPIB,GPIB-VXI, MXI/VXI or serial interface board.
- For GPIB applications, install NI-488. For VXI applications, install NI-VXI. For other hardware interfaces, NI-VISA uses the system’s standard drivers.
- NI-VISA distribution media
To use this module, you have to:
–> Install NI-VISA,
–> Install Scilab 5.5.2,
–> Run in Scilab: atomsInstall(“\scilab_visa_.zip”); (once)
–> Run in Scilab: atomsLoad(“scilab_visa”); (when starting a Scilab session).
Leverage Scilab VISA toolbox for test & measurement
Read the datasheet to find out more about signal acquisition & instrument control with Scilab VISA toolbox.
The Scilab team provides professional services for the integration of the VISA toolbox in your engineering process.
For more information, contact us at contact [at] scilab.org (subject: %5BScilab%20Website%5D%20VISA%20toolbox) data-drupal-button-link-style="btn-outline-primary"