Release of Scilab 5.5.0-beta 1
Scilab Enterprises is glad to announce that Scilab 5.5.0-beta1 is now available for download
Scilab 5.5.0-beta 1 includes new sets of functions:
- HDF5 module allowing to read/write HDF5 files and datasets.
- Java external objects interface to interact directly with Java objects from Scilab.
- Function getURL to retrieve/read remote files through ftp:// or http:// protocols.
- Possibility to translate Scilab external modules.
- MPI capabilities available in Scilab source tree (not activated by default).
- New erfi and dawson special functions.
- New daskr solver in Scilab and Xcos.
New graphics features aiming at improving Scilab usability and capabilities have been integrated:
- Improvements of Matplot function capabilities in order to display images in true colors.
- Management of lighting on 3-D graphics.
- New interactions on graphics enabling to edit graphics handles directly on figures using the mouse.
- Datatips features rewritten as native Java code.
and also many bug fixes and documentation improvements.